contents // books and zines + music + kar kulture + art and design + photography + DIY + civil disobedience + assorted madness

Thursday, September 8, 2016

BOOK SPOTLIGHT & REVIEW: A Confession By William F. Aicher

A Confession
By William F. Aicher
Genre: Literary Fiction, Contemporary Fiction, Psychological Fiction, Philosophical Fiction

William F. Aicher’s A Confession takes a look inside the mind of a nameless man struggling to find meaning in a life that he now questions. Journey with him as he navigates through this crisis by recounting of the choices he has made to a captive. His falling in love with a millennial, a glossy mirror of who he used to be, just adds to his life questions. This timeless internal struggle explores the very definitions of arrogance, freedom, regret, ego, control, public humiliation, and blackmail in the digital age.















My Review:

How much is
too much honesty? As I read this book, this thought pervaded my consciousness. I've battled with similar situations (in essence if not experience) in my own life, and as I read this spellbinding and insightful novel, it made me reflect back to when have I disclosed enough? This is a gripping read throughout, and the finish was monumental. I really like the anonymity of the main character, as he could be any one of us. William Aicher has created an entertaining, complex, and introspective work of literature that kept my interest and I will be going back to read a second time. It's that good. Five stars. 



Author Bio

William F. Aicher is the author of the upcoming novel, A Confession, and two previous books. He works a “day job” as the Chief Marketing Officer for online sheet music retailer, Musicnotes.com and is also a champion of intellectual property rights in the digital age. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2000 with degrees in philosophy and journalism and lives just outside Madison, WI with his wife and three sons.








Find the author online:


No comments:

Post a Comment